Chain of Responsibility
The National Transport Commission together with State Transport Departments & Police have been developing new national laws. The new laws aim to create a culture of compliance and accountability to increase road safety and reduce infrastructure damage. Laws about chain of responsibility are intended to hold all parties in the transport chain accountable for what they do.
Impact of laws extend to;
- Employers and Company Directors
- Shippers and Freight Forwarders
- Exporter / Importers
- Retailers / Wholesalers who receive / consign goods
- Manufacturing / Service Industries
- Primary Producers
- Mining and Forestry Industries.